Hero Arts: February 2022 My Monthly Hero Countdown to Creativity

 Hi everyone!

Happy Friday! Today we are starting the February My Monthly Hero Sneak peeks!
It's another kit you wouldn't want to miss. This month's kit is about surrealism and it's super fun! Another one for sure you don't want to miss!
The kit goes live on Monday February 7th at 10am PST/1pm EST.
For more ideas and sneak peeks visit the Hero Arts Blog! 

For my card today i combined 2 images from the kit and stamped them using my MISTI. Once stamped I used the Daniel Smith dot chart that comes in the kit to color the images. There is a gold irridescent paint that I added on the stars and moon, but it's hard to capture on photos.
Next, I die cut masks for the images and masked them off. I die cut rectangle frame also from masking paper and applies that. Next using I ink blended Lemon Drop Reactive ink in the masked off area. Removed the mask and stamped the sentiment. 
To finish off the card I adhered it to a black top folding note card.

 

Comments

Rachel Duong said…
This is so awesome. I love the surrealism theme, can’t wait to see more!
Teri S. said…
I like everything about your card Ilina. The colours & the way the sky flows out of the door with the moon. The sentiment is perhaps one we could all use at times? lol
Liz Grant said…
Oh wow, I love what you've done.
Wendy Dillon said…
This stamp really shows the flavor of the kit! Can't wait to see more!
Lisa said…
I enjoy how you combined the two images together.
NicoleN said…
Love how the lemon drop background highlights the images.
Val P said…
Beautiful. Love your use of the colors.
Char said…
You can't go wrong with your colors, design and Alice in Wonderland! Nicely done.
Barbara-Jean said…
I already love the kit! Your card is stunning and the Alice in Wonderland quote is wonderful!
Unknown said…
This card intrigues me. Doors are always so welcoming. Can't wait.
Tamra said…
Can't wait for the kit! The surrealism theme is intriguing!
Love your card! Beautiful colors!
Anything Wonderland count us in! What a fun card. Thank You for the inspiration.
Timely Tales said…
Very pretty. Loved Alice in Wonderland
Unknown said…
This would be perfect for the small quilts 12 x 12 that I make using decorative stamps and die cuts! Can't wait for the kit! I put reminders all over my phone to be online on the 7th to get the kit! Thanks for your inspiration! There is so much you can do with stamps and die cuts that it boggles my mind - just like your card!
shay said…
Wow, very creative. Salvador Dali would be proud. 🙂
Meltate said…
Very imaginative. Lovely card.
Wendy said…
Love how the sky and moon spill out of the window!
Darlene Renshaw said…
Very cool card. What a sneak peak. I can’t wait to see the entire kit 😃
Savyakala said…
Gorgeous card. Love the coloring.
Anonymous said…
Marisela Delgado said: Such a great card and colors. ☺ Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com
Alice T said…
Love the joining of the images. Great card, can't wait to see the whole kit.
Jodi Warren said…
Love the idea that this kit is based on surrealism. Can't wait to see more. Love this card and the take you had on the products. Thanks for the great idea.
Wonderful artsy look. Reminds me of some of my daughter's artwork.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Pilotwife1 said…
Love the sky coming through! Great sentiment.