Pink and Main: You Make Me Smile

 Hi everyone,

I am over on the Pink and Main blog sharing simple one layer card (practically 2) using no line coloring technique. 

To make the card I started by stamping the image using Contour ink on Winsor&Newton Cold Press watercolor paper. Once stamped I used my Daniel Smith watercolors and size #4 watercolor brush to color it. I used 2 brushes, one for pain to apply where I want the darkest areas to be, and then one wet/damp with clean water to spread that paint. This helped me not washing off the paint from the first brush for every small area and made the control of the water added easier. 

Once colored, I trimmed the panel to 4" x  5 1/4", stamped the sentiment and adhered to a Mist (light blue) top folding note card. I stacked 4 pieces of card stock panels to add behind the watercolor panel for added dimension (or you can use craft foam)

All the supplies are listed on the bottom

Comments