Right at Home with MISTI - blog hop

Hi stampers! 
Happy Tuesday and welcome to the Right at Home and My Sweet Petunia blog hop. If you started the hop from the beginning you should have arrived here from Nicole's blog. If you didn't head over to her blog, because you don't want to miss her beautiful projects!

And from here your next stop will be Holly's blog :)
Before I go into the details for my cards today, I just wanted to let you know that I do have a video that I will post later today. I had a series of unfortunate events while creating these cards, that my video needs a LOT of editing and my 2 yr old is sick too :(. (I destroyed few cards accidentally when I was almost till the end of creating them)
For my cards today I used the Sunflower set and the Script Greetings set and dies. 
I used the MISTI to stamp the sunflowers and made two panels for each card (except the one that doesn't have die cutting)
After I stamped my panels I lines them up and used temporary adhesive to adhere the corners and used rectangle die to cut the layers. Next, on the top layer I die cut the frames for the sentiments and on the bottom layer I either stamper or adhered die cut sentiment. I used foam adhesive to adhere both layers. This allows you to get some window dimension without losing portion of the image.You can even make it a shaker card to step it up! 
For this card I stamped the Celebrate using Versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder. 


Here I die cut "Blessed" from black card stock and adhered to my card. Stamped the supporting sentiment on strip of black card stock and embossed with white embossing powder.
For this one I due cut "Thank you" twice. I applied Versamark on the top layer and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then adhered it to the second die cut to achieve dimension. 
 For my last card, I didn't add dimension, but did some masking. I stamped first "so very much" and embossed it with clear embossing powder, then masked it with a strip of a post it note, then stamped the "Thank you" and embossed. This way looks like "so very much" in embedded into the "Thank you"


Blog hop list

Nicole Baez
Ilina Crouse - That's ME
My Sweet Petunia

Now ,to the fun part:
We will draw two winners from all the comments on the hop, so please leave a comment on every blog to be eligible to win one of two prizes: Winner's choice of an original or mini MISTI, and a prize package from Right at Home (Sunflower stamp set, Harvest Blessings stamp set (new release) and two Distress Oxide Inks - in Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint.). Deadline for comments is September 8th, noon CST , and winners will be posted on the My Sweet Petunia and  Right at Home blogs on September 12th. 
Supplies:

Comments

~amy~ said…
These are absolutely beautiful!
SmilynStef said…
Sorry about your series of unfortunate events ... the end result is lovely.
Nancy B said…
Love the cards the colors are so pretty
Sheila H said…
I love the depth you gave your cards. Your colors are magnificient. Sorry you had problems while creating these beautiful cards.
KimberlyM said…
Gorgeous cards - can't wait to see your video! Love the dimension around the sentiments.
Unknown said…
Right at home used to be a 15 min drive for me to visit their store, i miss it so much since they closed, i need a misti, dont have one & love stamping, love the sunflower stamp set, wonderful card!!!!!
nicofthyme said…
Absolutely LOVING all the fall colors being used. The diecut layering is AMAZING on these cards. Can't wait to see the video. Hope your lil one feels better soon. It's never easy seeing them sick. :'( ...mine is three, I sympathize.
Anonymous said…
Love this sunflower and all the color variations you used!
Mary Kay Werry said…
your sunflowers and designs are just wonderful!
luvhymns said…
The sunflower popped up with the sentiment makes for a delicious card!
Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful set of cards! Love those gorgeous sunflowers! Pretty sentiments too!
D Q said…
Beautiful cards! So sorry about the unfortunate events you went through.
Enjoyed each of your cards. Looking forward to trying those techniques soon! Thanks for sharing!
Isabelle said…
Awesome cards ! I really like the image going from a layer to the other.
Teresa Doyle said…
Seriously Ilina, these are AMAZING! (How do you do that every single time?) Just stunning cards!
liz said…
I love that sunflower!
Janelle said…
Love the bold look of your cards. Wonderful details!
I cannot get enough of these sunflowers!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Wow, a series of beautiful sunflower cards!
Amy C. said…
Beautiful flowers. I like the embossed sentiment.
Amy C. said…
Beautiful flowers. I like the embossed sentiment.
Unknown said…
The cards are beautiful. I love the way you did the sentiments.
Angela Walters said…
Your card designs are so unique! I love the technique you use to put the sentiment inside the card front!
McStamper said…
Love your beautiful creative cards.
The design looks very stylish.
Sabrina said…
Very fun designs, love it!
Anonymous said…
Love your cards - so very creative and love the design and colors !
Diana Hernandez said…
Beautiful card. I am loving this sunflower stamp set. Love how you changed the color for the flower, very pretty. tfs
Keiren Dunfee said…
The texture in these sunflowers is stunning!
nonnacindy said…
These are so gorgeous cards.
I Card Everyone said…
I LOve how you masked for your sentiment ... and give me orange sunflowers EVERY time!!! Gorgeous in any color, Ilina!
=] Michele
Sue D said…
Very pretty set of sunflower cards. I like the die cutting.
Unknown said…
Love how many different ways this beautiful sunflower can be shared.Beautiful cards !Love the cut out! Thank you for sharing.
Andre M. said…
Despite the unfortunate events, the results are beautiful.
Karthikha said…
These are super beautiful cards :) Love the black border that pops the sunflowers!
Arianna Barbara said…
Wow!!! Stunning cards!!! Sunflowers are my fav flowers and your colouring is flawless!!!
The sunflowers are so colourful and vivid!
Karen said…
Such an unusual, but beautiful design. Gorgeous!
Miriam Prantner said…
Love the dimension from the inset sentiments and that you used different colors for your flowers!