Fun with Paint Swatches



Blog Candy HERE


Today was a loooong day, and fun. We left in the morning, renewed our lease, went to the post office, then to a craft store, then saw Toy Story 3, went to eat at P.F. Chang's (VERY good food!!!), went to Home Depot, where Sean was picking up some paint and I saw the PAINT SWATCHES...BINGO!!! I have been wanting some of those for a while, since Diva Night over my upline's place where we made card using paint swatch, you can see it if you go to my post of 7/29 :) where I went year pack and pulled the cards I posted on the same day last year.
Then we went to FRY's to pick up new home phones, since our died. :D Then went grocery shopping, then I was so tired and took a nap.
One lesson I learned today is that if you are planning to do a lot of walking, do NOT wear new shoes, even if they are Clark's (supposedly should be very comfortable), my feet are KILLING me.
Anyway, I was planning today to play with some watercoloring, but since I picked up these swatches (quite few of them) I HAD to play with them, and here are few card I made tonight using the swatches. SO FUN!
Supplies are under each card.




supplies:
stamps: fox and friends, a word for you, confetti
ink: versamark, pear pizzazz
paper: whisper white, pear pizzazz
other: dotted ribbon border punch, embossing powder-white, heat gun



supplies:
stamps: upsy daisy
ink: versamark
paper: rose red, whisper white, pink pirouette
other: whisper white taffeta ribbon, white ep, heat gun, paper piercing tool, scallop border punch


supplies:
stamps: pun fun, fox and friends
paper: night of navy, bashful blue, whisper white
ink: versamark, night of navy
other: button, punch (non su!), white ep, heat gun

Comments

CarlavdM said…
Don't you just luv free samples like these paintstripes...you made some wonderful cards with it.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Lynn Pratt said…
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Suzi said…
What a completely ADORABLE idea. I have a whole shoe box of paint chips somewhere around here....
Bea said…
Now I need to get out all my paint chips. What great cards.
Danielle Daws said…
What a brilliant idea! TFS!
Paper Potter said…
OMGoodness! No wonder you were an Artisan finalist! I have to try this ..... I'm so in love with color that I pick these up just to have the colors in my hands, and buy multiple spools of thread the same way!
Daisy Chain said…
I just love this idea. Simple but very effective. I'll be trying this myself. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Debbie xx
I saw you on SCS and journeyed over to your blog site. Love, Love, Love, you're idea. Simple and Effective. Oh, by the way, did I say 'LOVE' your idea. Thanks for the inspiration!!!