Bells and Boughs Holiday Mini Sneak Peek

***Edited to answer couple questions****
Hi all , I am editing this post to answer couple questions, I work for Siemens Energy as Electrical Power Engineer and design Excitation Systems for Generators (for power plants). Most of the time I spend in the office, not the test field (text cell- cage). I don't work on testing transformers. Our test cell has couple transformers for our use. I was testing some transformer config. to try to mimic our customer's PT's configuration, so our Excitation system will be able to be tested properly and work properly :)
Here's little blurb about exciters (Excitation Systems):

The exciter is the "backbone" of the generator control
system. It is the power source that supplies the dc
magnetizing current to the field windings of a
synchronous generator thereby ultimately inducing ac
voltage and current in the generator armature


It's been another looong day. I am not sure why but I have been so tired lately, I feel like I wish life would slow down a little, I feel it's going so fast and there is no time for rest or a break.
Well today at work I spent some time in the cage ... aka test cell, which is just the next building over from my office. I had new toy to play with, another transformer, but this time larger. So, in case you have been wondering why I refer to the test cell as a cage, here's why. You need to have special training to enter the test cell, and as well your badge will grant you the access.

Anyway, scroll down for a card I made tonight using the new Bells and Boughs set. I didn't plan on getting this set, but as more as I looked it, more I liked it, and I don't regret getting it. It's so great for watercoloring. Scroll at the bottom for list of supplies.
It's been so hot and humid here in Ga, that I am ready for Christmas :) or at least Thanksgiving :)









supplies:
stamps: bells and boughs
ink: staz on, cherry cobbler, always artichoke, crumb cake
paper: always artichoke, deck the halls dsp, cherry cobbler, watercolor
other: distressing essentials, sponge daubers, aqua painter, champagne glass glitter, cherry cobbler ribbon seam binding

Comments

Colleen Kramer said…
Your coloring is truly amazing! I watched your watercoloring tutorial with markers. Is that how you do all your watercoloring? 2nd question: I was so intrigued with your post about your job in the "cage". What do you do at your job? Thanks for all your work in creating and posting. You have amazing talent!
Dawn said…
Wow - I absolutely LOVE this card! Beautiful job!
Kimberly S. said…
OMGoodness...this card is STUNNING!!!! I absolutely LOVE the vintage look!!!
What a lovely card! Your watercoloring is so beautiful! You are an inspiration to so many of us!

What kind of transformers do you test, if you don't mind me asking?

Gayle
Claire Lawrence said…
it's like you live 2 lives, Ilina!!! I'd want to stamp when I got home, if I spent my day in that cage environment. God has truly blessed you with brains and creativity! :0)
Ilina Crouse said…
@Colleen: I work as Electrical Power Engineer for Siemens energy. I design (and testing) Excitation systems for Power Plants. And as a side note, I spend majority of my time in the office, not the test cell. When we have something we need to test or so, we go to the factory floor and we use our dedicated test cell (cage).
Here's little background about Exciters (Excitation Systems):
The exciter is the "backbone" of the generator control
system. It is the power source that supplies the dc
magnetizing current to the field windings of a
synchronous generator thereby ultimately inducing ac
voltage and current in the generator armature.

Clear as a mud?

@Gayle: I don't work on testing transformers, as in my answer to Colleen, I design Excitation Systems. We are doing some experiments with transformers in order to mimic what our customers have for their transformer's configuraiton.
Diana Gibbs said…
I say Danger High Voltage to that gorgeous card!!!
Love it!

Hugs,
Di
Hey
What a beautiful card you are manufacturing, i like these gift item very much..
Scrappywonder said…
LOVE the card!! lol, looks like you pick up some high voltage from your regular job! R ;)
thrublueyes said…
This card is just beautiful.
Heather Dean said…
Love this card, Ilina. The watercoloring is beautiful and the glitter really finishes it. Wasn't planning on getting that stamp set either but now you've changed my mind!!