1 in 8 - CAS-ual Friday's Challenge

This is post #2 for today, so scroll down for the MISTI and IO blog hop post! 

Hi Stampers!
Happy Friday (again)! I am back with few cards for the CAS-Fridays challenge. This week's challenge is "1 in 8" 
With October being national Breast Cancer awareness month, the CAS-Fridays blog is turning pink. There are special challenges this month in honor of this special month.  Did you know that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer? I don't know about you but I don't like those statistics. For this challenge, use 8 of any one item on your card or project. 
I used rhinestones, sequins and beads. 
I made few cards, as I got addicted making the die cut inlay backgrounds with the strips of card stock. 
I kept them simple, but added extra interest using a shimmer spray onto my stripped panels. 
To make the panels, I used technique Jennifer McGuire shared little while ago. I cut bunch of strips of some scrap card stock in different shades of pink. I took a piece of grid paper and adhered stick it adhesive on one side. I trimmed the piece to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (this way I ended with 3 panels for my cards). Removed the backing and started adhering my strips one by one. Next I trimmed them to sizes I wanted to use on my cards. Then, I die cut the words from white card stock and from the panels. I applied stick it adhesive on the back and in the die cut areas I put the white die cut sentiments. Next stamped the sentiments with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. Then I put all my cards together! 
Don't forget to visit the rest of the DT blogs to see more inspiration and don't forget to join the challenge! 










Comments

Anonymous said…
cassandra@mail.postmanllc.net
Xương Rồng said…
Beauty!

Bệnh lậu và bệnh sùi mào gà là hai căn bệnh xã hội có tỉ lệ mắc nhiễm đứng đầu hiện nay. So với bệnh sùi mào gà thì Bệnh lậu đã có thuốc đặc trị nên chữa bệnh sẽ đơn giản hơn. Những không phải vì thế mà mọi người chủ quan, coi thường bệnh. Điều trị không tốt các biến chứng và nguy hiểm luôn có thể xảy ra. Đối với bệnh sùi mào gà
biến chứng của bệnh có thể gây ra ung thư cổ tử cung và ung thư vùng sinh dục. Vì thế, nó hết sức nguy hiểm. Việc nâng cao kiến thức về hai bệnh này cũng như điều trị sớm khi phát hiện ra bệnh là điều vô cùng quan trọng.