Double Loop Ribbon Tutorial




Many asked for a tutorial on how I tie my double loop bows. Well, here is the " big secret". You will need another set of fingers, and I use my hubby's. These are not the best pictures for the tutorial, since Sean and I kept laughing while I was doing the tutorial (well, he was cracking me up), so it was hard to tie the bow and to take pictures. LoL. But hope it helps. This is a method I have used since I was very little, my dad thought me how to tie bows like this :)
You will need:
your hubby's index fingers :)
ribbon
scissors

1. start with the whole spool of ribbon to see how much you will need. Start with the ribbon on your left side (the end is on the left) and leave on the left some length, because that will be one of the ends of the ribbon. Cut a length of ribbon enough to wrap it twice around the fingers and plus to tie the knot.

note:You are not working with the end of the ribbon that you started with on the left side. That end remains untouched (except trimmed to a length you like at the end)
2. wrap it twice around the fingers, so the right side (finger) has two layers of ribbon.
3. after you come with the ribbon on the left side (top) thread the ribbon between the two fingers (away from you) and then come with the ribbon from bellow (towards you). Make sure on the top there is still little loop so you can thread the ribbon end through it.




5. Then just pull the end of the ribbon to fasten the bow. Take it off the fingers and fluff the loops and cut the ends to length you like. Remember, you are not working with the end of the ribbon that you started with on the left side. That end remains untouched (except trimmed to a length you like at the end)

Usually my bows come out better, but because of the laughing this one came out little funny :)




Comments

Created By You said…
Really Cool Ilina, thanks for sharing!
bonnie32002 said…
Thanks for showing another quick way to make the double looped bow!

I should post more often; I really enjoy your prolific creations!
Unknown said…
Can I just say thanks, and sorry if I was stalking you..
Unknown said…
BTW, I used my fore and middle finger since my DH is deployed and it worked great.. Great Tutorial.
Anonymous said…
I am slow and cant get it. Can you make a you tube video on this?

Monica
www.addalittledazzle.com