Punches border strip flower tutorial

Post #6 for today, scroll down to see the rest

These flowers are becoming more and more popular since the regional at Phoenix, I believe(I wasn't there). They are not my invention, but here is tutorial I put together using the scallop trim punch. I liked it how they came up with this punch.

Materials you will need:
12x1 strip of dsp (cardstock would work, but it's better with dsp)
sticky strip
1 3/8" punch
scallop trim punch (or any other border punch)
buttons late ( or other buttons or large brads)
linen thread
paper crimper
scrap cs to punch the circle

1. Punch your 12" x 1" dsp strip with the border punch, only on one side.2. Run it through the crimper 4-5 times, each time flattening the folds. Don't flatten them the last time you run the strip through the crimper.


3. Punch a 1 3/8" circle and cover it with sticky strip. I was out of sticky strip so I used artist tape from the art supply store.

4. Start adhering the strip around the circle making little pleats.


5. After you have finished one layer continue to the second one. My ends met at same point, so I didn't need to cut the strip. But you can finish where ever you would like and cut it there.


6. I used chocolate chip button and made a bow using the linen thread. Added a dimensional and adhered it to the middle of the flower. And there you have it. You can use it on a card, scrapbook page etc.




Comments

Kathie McGuire said…
These flowers are so beautiful!! Thank you for a great tutorial on making them. I appreciate the time you took making a tutorial that is clear and concise.

Kathie
sharon said…
Love it! Gonna do it! :)
Sharon L
thestampinglady said…
Your tutorial is very well done. Thanks so much.
That is amazing!! I think I'll teach this at my stamp club next week!
Great tutorial, I was just trying to figure that out last week.. You've saved me a lot of time and frustration!! Thanks so much!!
Thank you so much for this marvelous tutorial. I'm going to give it a try today. Your instructions were very clear and concise.
Mary Davidson said…
These are gorgeous! thanks so much for sharing excellent directions. Off to try this out!
Linda H said…
What a great tutorial! Thank You. I have never used my crimper, but I will now!!! What a great alternative to ribbon!
Tammy Q Howell said…
Love these flowers. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the tutorial!
Diana Gibbs said…
Jan McClurg showed how to do these at the regionals.
I wish you had of been there, we could have finally met!
You did a great job with the tutorial!
Hugs,
Di
Lynn said…
Thanks for the great tutorial! Can't wait to try this myself!
K T said…
saw your link on SCS- thanks for sharing! great pics & easy to follow. need to try it soon....

:)

kristi
Yani said…
This is such a great tutorial!! Would you mind if I feature it @ Inspirational Tips, Techniques & Tutorials? You can check our blog here

Please let me know! :-D
Chanda said…
This is so adorable! You always come up with the most creative things! Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us!

Chanda Stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.blogspot.com
Anthonette said…
This is SO creative! I'll have to try it with the edge punches I have. I love distressing paper with the paper crimper.
I just "discovered" you ióver at Inspirational tips and techiques, and I must tell you that you are added to the loves of my life. Your work is stunning! I love your tutorial, and I cant wait to dive into your blog :-)

Could you please tell where your border punch for this tut is from? I needs it!!! So much!!!

Siri
Fantastic tutorial - thanks for sharing it with us :-)