Petal Envelope Die Boxes

***Don't forget to check my classes and tutorials
classes: Sunny Day Purse and For All you do
Two Drawer Butterfly Box Tutorial
instructions for classes are on the side bar ****

So I have had this die for about a year now, and I NEVER used it (I am referring to the petal envelope Sizzix die, SU! carries it). So yesterday I am determined to use it, and I made these two boxes with it. I used 4 die cuts, cut one petal and made boxes. I am really pleased how they came out. For the first one I used Animal Crackers set and Woodgrain background stamp and was intending to put nuts inside, but we had no nuts at home :) For the second one I used the set Pocket Silhouettes. I will be posting short tutorial soon how to make this box.
Scroll down for complete list of supplies for each box :)


Supplies:
stamps: Animal Crackers, Woodgrain
paper: chocolate chip, apricot appeal, textured very vanilla, creamy caramel, watercolor
ink: jet black staz-on, creamy caramel, close to cocoa, chocolate chip
other: oval punch, large oval punch, petal envelope die,aqua painter




Supplies:
stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
ink: pale plum, perfect plum, certainly celery
paper: perfect plum, whisper white, certainly celery
other: styled silver hodgepodge, petal envelope Sizzix die

Comments

MaGoooo said…
Ilina this is ADORABLE! I too have had this die for probably more then a year and never used it! You have me inspired now! Thanks! This is really a GREAT project!!
Margaret Raburn said…
What a clever invention to make a box from this die!! I can see this being VERY usable! Thanks for sharing your creativity. Your boxes are beautiful!
Lynn Put said…
Oh my gosh these are fantastic!
The squirrel with the brown colors and wood BG stamp looks awesome and the lavender box with flowers is very pretty!
Monique said…
Sweet!! Looks like I will have to purchase another die for my collection and make myself one of these...thanks Ilina...your so creative :)TFS
Lisa H said…
I have this die too and haven't done much with it at all. My sister (and downline) saw this box on SCS and just loved it and sent me the link to it. What a neat idea! Great job!! Can't wait for the tutorial! daperdalsx2@gmail.com ~Lisa