Of Cows and Power Lines

Ok this is not stamping related. I am trying to get myself in my crafting room but that hasn't happened since Tuesday. I am impatiently waiting my new catalog order which should arrive tomorrow and that keeps me distracted from creating. But I need to work on some samples and other card sets since I am again Artist of the Week at the Lansdowne Farmers Market this Saturday.
But until I share something new with you, I have a research article to share, I thought it was interesting. I just received my IEEE Spectrum Magazine and it was in there.

" A team of researchers from Germany and the Czech Republic has discovered that, all factors being equal, cattle and two species of deer tend to align themselves along a north-south axis using some innate magnetic sense and that this preferred alignment is disturbed when they graze under high-voltage power lines.
For their research, Professor Hynek Burda and his team at Germany's University of Duisburg-Essen pored over images from Google Earth. When they spotted cattle that they were at least 150 meters away from power lines, the researches detected a significant alignment among the animals along the north-south axis. By contrast, images of cattle grazing within 50 meters of high-voltage overhead power lines showed no preferred body alignment. The exception was when the power lines ran east to west. In that case, the cattle tended to align along the direction of the power lines."

Comments