Another Petal Envelope box and tutorial

***Don't forget to check my classes and tutorials
classes: Sunny Day Purse and For All you do
Two Drawer Butterfly Box Tutorial
instructions for classes are on the side bar ****

Couple days ago I posted these two boxes that I made using the Petal Envelope die from Sizzix available through Stampin' Up! and I promised a tutorial. So I made another box and put together a tutorial for you. For the box I used the Everyday Button Bits stamp set from PTI, kiwi kiss and real red cardstock, PTI white and Rockabillieies dsp. The inks I used are old olive and real red. to make the box you will need four petal envelope die cuts. Cut one of the petals of each one.


fold all petals along the score lines.
Apply adhesive on the petal opposite from the one which is cut out and connect it to the next petal envelope die cut at the cut out side.



continue connecting the petal envelopes until you have a chain of 4
apply adhesive to the last petal on the end of the chain and connect it with the beginning of the box, where the cut out petal is (to the inside). Lay the box flat.


While the box is flat you can decorate it. It's easier. I layered 2 3/8" x 2 3/8" squares of designer paper to 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" kiwi kiss cardstock, then I adhered them to the sides of the box. I stamped the cherry and the sentiment, die cut it, as well the scalloped circle layer. Sew the buttons and adhered it to the front side of the box (the one which you would like to be front side)




Now you can glue the bottom of the box. I made the petal closure and applied glue in the creases and pressed from the inside of the box. Then you can close the top , no need to glue the top, otherwise you won't be able to open the box ;) And the box is done :). It was that simple. ENJOY






Comments

Lisa H said…
Again, what a super neat idea! Thank you for sharing and posting a tutorial for all of us. I really appreciate the work you put into this. I'm off to bed for now, but will be making one of these tomorrow! ~Lisa
Unknown said…
You sure have been a busy girl. Thanks so much for all your sharing. You are going to make me buy this diecut and new Papertrey set also. Thanks again. I'll be trying this soon.

Sue
Susie Dillion said…
Great ideas. You sure a busy person when it comes to creating. Hope you dont mind if we try some of them. TFS
Susie
wb_melody said…
Love this idea! Thanks for sharing it!
Angie Williams said…
Awesome tutorial! I think I will need to get this die!
Just Sponge It! said…
OMG, seems so easy. Almost like the scallop envelope box. Thanks so much!
Anonymous said…
Oh this is GREAT---I have been looking for some way to make a box from this die---can't wait to give it a try---Thanks so much for the step by step instructions, nola
Susan said…
another super posting; gotta' love your blog!
Linda Tarolli said…
Thanks for sharing your petal card box. I'm going to make them tonight with my downline!
Linda
Cathy said…
Love this idea, so cute!! TFS
Anne Pavlosky said…
Such a fantastic idea. I'm going to make them for my upline's children for Halloween. Thanks so very much for sharing.
lorijane mittlestadt said…
I am so glad I found your tutorial. Your directions and photos make it eezy peezy! My daughter and I are making treat boxes for Christmas thank yous. She sells them as a fund raiser for volleyball league. Last year she sold nearly 100 nugget boxes and they weren't nearly as cute as this one! Now...if I could get 12 x 12 Real Red in time....lorijane
oh my goodness this is sooooooooo cute, thanks for sharing :)