Here is another sneak peek for Hanna Stamps! This is the Retro Riley for this month. It's Swimmer Riley. I know many people asked for a tutorial on this card, so I made the same card as the one with Fins Riley and here is the tutorial :) It took me forever to load the pictures. They are little dark as there was no natural light when I was making the card.Supplies:
alcohol inks: lettuce and stream
alcohol blending solution
alcohol ink applicator
core'dinations cardstock for the sand
vintage photo distress ink
creamy caramel ink
stamped and colored image
card base (taken with teal)
dots stamp for the sand (I used the Route 66 sand stamp from Hanna Stamps!)
Staz-on in jet black
1. Start with tearing two 5 1/2" wide strips of core'dinations cardstock for the sand, one should be taller than the other so you can layer them.
2. Using the sanding block you will sand both pieces.
3. Sponge the teared edges with the sponge dauber and creamy caramel ink
4. Layer the pieces.
5. using the dot stamp (sand stamp from Hanna ROute 66 set - this month's retro set) and vintage photo distress ink stamp randomly on the pieces of cardstock for the sand.
6. your sand is done :)
7. now take the 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" acetate and using the stream and lettuce alcohol inks and the blender solution apply it all over the acetate until you achieve the look you like.
8. Turn the acetate up side down, and adhere the sand part using glue dots.
9. Using staz-on ink stamp the swimming Riley image where you would like to be
10. Using glue dots adhere the stamped and colored Riley on top of the one stamped with Staz-on on the acetate
11. stamp the sentiment, punch it out, punch a mat for it, sand and sponge edges and adhere it to the acetate
12. Turn the acetate over and apply glue dots where the Riley, sentiment and sand are. And adhere it to the card base (so the glue dots won't be visible through the acetate)