Stop and smell the flowers

Today was a wonderful weather outside. I really enjoyed it. It was up to 14 Celsius. Sorry, even after 5 years in the US my brain can't think Fahrenheit. I can't wait till spring comes and nice weather. This was a little nice tease in middle of winter.
Anyway, I squized a little time today to make this card for the PaperTrey Ink sketch challenge, or connect the dots challenge. When I saw it I thought I can make a quick card, and as well I got this set yesterday, Forest friends. I really liked the mushrooms, the hedgehog, the skunk ,flowers and everything else. Those are pretty much solid images, which is not really my style but I am learning to like them :) (I mean the solid image stamps).
The sentiment is one of my favorite, and reminds me that in the midst of everyday crazynes we need to stop and slow down, stop and smell the flowers. Like going through the same park and passing by the same flowers every day, but not noticing them because we are busy or always hurring somewhere....ok, I can go on and on. Scroll down for supplies list

SUPPLIES:
stamps: Forest Friends PTI
ink: versa fine onix black, colorbox chalk in olive and warm red
paper: whisper white, riding hood red and old olive, and old oline prints
other: buttons, linen thread, half back pearls
ENJOY!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Oh my goodness, how cute is that skunk and I love the pearls in your flowers!
April said…
I love the little pearls on this....tooo cute!
Unknown said…
WOW! this is just adorable.great colors, great layout, great everything!
Anonymous said…
What a fun little card! You are right about stopping to smell the flowers!...Enjoy that weather...I for one...can totally understand 14degrees celsius...Currently 35 degrees here with 85 % humidity.
Anonymous said…
What a fun little card! You are right about stopping to smell the flowers!...Enjoy that weather...I for one...can totally understand 14degrees celsius...Currently 35 degrees here with 85 % humidity.