Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thankful Window Dressing

This is post #2 for today, scroll down for #1 :)
Yesterday was such a nuts day, I was at a meeting for my Senior Design Project and afterwords my brain was spinning, I think I couldn't digest everything we talked about, lol, at least there were no human brains, but more engineering stuff (synchrophasors), I don't know what is worst. LOL...
Anyway, I didn't get to make anything yesterday, I am hoping to steal some time for creating today, if time allows as I have a proposal for the project to write. But here is a card I made on Thursday night. I had the idea in mind for a while and was dyeing to use acetate, I wasn't really sure about the theme ( winter, fall, everyday), and decided to make a fall card. The dsp on the card front, is not the same piece as the one in the window. I just happened on the end to decide to use the same dsp, it matched the best. So what I did was, I stamped the window on creamy white shimmery cardstock with jet black staz on, then with my craft knife I cut out the windows. Then it was time for watercoloring, for which I used close to cocoa and chocolate chip ink pads and medium aqua painter, then I adhered the acetate on the back. I took a piece of old olive dsp and with versamark I stamped the window, so I can have some guidelines. As well I stamped the bird and pumpkin on shimmery cs ,colored them and cut them out .I adhered the bird outside on the window, so it's kind of outside, with SNAIL.As well I got a small piece of tangerine tango cs and adhered it on the acetate (from inside), so the top windows you see the tangerine tango color. Then I took 2 pieces of stripped tangerine tango ribbon and tied it with gold elastic cord somewhere in the middle, and with sticky strip adhered is to the dsp where I stamped the window with versamark, so it looks like cutrains (I cut the excess elastic cord, or twisted it to the sides, so it doesn't show through the window), then I adhered the pumpkins on top of the old ilive dsp. I cut out the excess ribbon and cut the dsp so it fits nicely under the window and it doesnt show, and then adhered it to the front part with dimensionals. Then I took the tangerine tango card base, and used the same rectangle nestabillities to cut a rectangle in to make a window, then I adhered the piece of old olive cs, and used again the nestabillities to make the same cut through it, then I made the scalloped frame again with the nestabillities and adhered it on top. On the back of the window on the card front, I adhered very vanilla cs, and on top of it I lined my window into the window of the card (does it make any sense?!?!) I didn't want to adhere it directly to the inside, as after that there would be no space for writing, as well I didn't want to put it on the card front directly as it would pop-out a lot, I preffered this look. Ok enough blah-blah-ing, you can scroll down for supplies.
SUPPLIES:
stamps: Window Dressing
ink: jet black staz on, tangerine tango, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, rubby red, elegant eggplant, old olive, versamark
paper: shimmery creamy/white, tangerine tango, very vanilla, old olive dsp
other: acetate, tangerine tango ribbon, aqua painter, nestabillities, gold elastic cord

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Your attention to detail is just AMAZING! Great job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! love how it looks like glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you put a lot of work into this and it shows. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cute window card... especially the "curtains"! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card! talk about patience and detail work. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Places I have been to